Followers

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Fur is fun!


Hi Everyone. It's Faye here today :)

With Father's Day just around the corner, I thought it might be a good idea to colour an image with a slightly more masculine feel. This sweet chap is a fairly new release from Little Miss Muffet Stamps, called Father's Lion. I think he'd also make a great card to celebrate the safe arrival of a new baby boy too. 


I love the challenge of colouring fur, it's certainly very easy to add texture. Keep your colouring rough and messy, dot your colour on in layers, and you can use the Colourless Blender to your advantage too. If you're not confident adding texture with your Markers, you could use a piece of scrunched up kitchen paper, material, hessian, anything with texture, that you can add a few drops of Colourless Blender to. Then dab your texture cloth onto your image. Just remember to do this, before you colour the parts of the image you do not want texture on!


Markers Used...
Lion; E30, E31, E33, E71, Y26, N3, N5
Lion's Nose; N3, N5, N7
Blue; B00, B01, B04, N3, N5
 Green; G82, G85, N3, N5

Thank you for stopping by today, have a great day.

Faye xx 
 

3 comments:

Linda Levoir said...

Fabulous card! Hmm masculine and fur.....two areas I fail horribly in lol...typically, just as i got my head around colouring fur with Copics, I seem to have switched almost exclusively to watercolours. I obviously need to seriously google how to colour fur with distress ink. Hope you're enjoying the sunshine where you are, sadly I'm stuck at work today...BOO! :) xx

Debbie Olson said...

Gorgeous, Faye! I love the contrast and the texture!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Thank you so much for the lovely commennts x