Followers

Monday, December 30, 2013

Tutorial - Colouring Brickwork


Hi Everyone,

Hope you have all enjoyed your Christmas and are ready to get back into crafting.  I thought I would share with you how I colour brickwork.  The bricks from where I live have quite a lot of red in them, so I have chosen E09, E19, E13, E55, E53.


I'm starting with E09 and have added a little at each end of the brick.


I next lay down some E13


Then E55


And lastly E53


I return to where I started but this time I have decided to add in some E19


Blend out with E13 towards the middle starting at each end.  The middle of the brick will be the lightest


Finally blend out with E53


This process needs to be repeated for each brick. I know this is time consuming but it will give the most realistic result.


Here's all the bricks coloured.  You can go in and add further shading where you want


I went in to colour the cement with W5 and added some touches to the bricks, can you see the difference by just added a touch of W5.


Finally here's a finished card.  The image is called Christmas Eve by Make It Crafty, he's certainly a cheeky Santa and was perfect for the male recipient.  The papers are from the Maya Design Frost Basics 6x6 paper pad.





Happy New Year Everyone.


Hugs Tracy x

Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

Franz♥ said...

Another masterpiece Tracy! Fab colouring as always, thank you for the useful tutorial!

Hugs, Franz.

Sandra H said...

Fabulous and thank you for the tutorial x

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I've saved it, so I can try it one day myself! Thank you for showing!