Followers

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Coloring on Kraft Tutorial

Hello dear Copic lovers,
hallo Copic  Freunde!

It's me, Kathrin, today sharing a new tutorial with you. It's about coloring on kraft paper. 
***
Hier ist Kathrin mit einem neuen Tutorial für Euch. Es dreht sich übers Colorieren auf kraftfarbenem Cardstock.

There are many different kinds of kraft cardstock out there and if you use something different than I did coloring may work a bit different. I used the kraft cardstock by  Stampin' Up since it really works great for me with Copics.
***
Es gibt viele verschiedene Arten von kraftfarbenem Cardstock und jedes wird wohl etwas anders auf Farbe reagieren. Ich habe hier den kraftfarbenen Cardstock von Stampin' Up verwendet da ich finde, er ist einfach toll zum Colorieren mit Coipics geeignet.

First I want to share a few general things when coloring on craft:
- for me, coloring from dark to light works better here than coloring from light to dark
- while coloring on kraft cardstock you will never get a result as bright as if you use white cardstock just because Copics are translucent and so you will always see the kraft cardstock behind it but I thinks that's what makes this technique special
- due to the fact that Copics are translucent you will always be able to see the stamped lines of your image - if I color on craft with Prismacolors these sometimes cover the lines of the image
***
Zuerst möchte ich ein paar generelle Dinge über das Colorieren auf kraftfarbenem Cardstock sagen:
- für mich ist das Colorieren von dunkel nach hell in diesem Fall einfacher als das Colorieren von hell nach dunkel
- beim Colorieren auf kraftfarbenem Cardstock werden die Farben nie so leuchtend werden wie beim Verwenden von weißem Cardstock was daran liegt, dass Copics durchscheinend, also nicht deckend, sind - aber genau das macht diese Technik in meinen Augen speziell
- eben weil Copics durchscheinend sind, wird man die gestempelten Linien immer gut erkennen können; beim Verwenden von Prismacolors passiert es mir manchmal, dass diese die Linien überdecken

So let's get started!
***
Dann laßt uns also anfangen!

HERE we already had a tutorial about coloring skin on kraft paper so I am just showing which colors I used since each color will look different on the different papers. Best thing is to take a scrap piece of kraft cardstock and try your color on it. 
Also make sure you let the color dry a little since it will look very dark directly after putting the color on but after a few seconds the color dries and looks lighter.
I went with E000, E30, E51, E11 and E13 for the skin and E20 and E22 for the cheeks.
***
Wir hatten HIER bereits ein Tutorial über das Colorieren von Haut auf kraftfarbenem Cardstock darum zeige ich Euch hier nur, welche Farben ich dafür verwendet habe da auch hier jede Farbe auf den veschiedenen kraftfarbenen Cardstocks unterschiedlich aussieht. Am besten ist es, wenn Ihr Euch ein Reststück des Cardstocks neben Euch legt und die Farbe kurz darauf testet. 
Wenn Ihr die Farbe auftragt, sieht sie im ersten Moment sehr dunkel aus aber nach ein paar Sekunden trocknet sie und Ihr erhaltet den tatsächlichen Farbton.
Ich habe hier E000, E30, E51, E11 und E13 für die Haut und E20 und E22 für die Backen benutzt.
  

I went on with the hair. Here I prefer to start with my 2nd dark color, go on with the darkest and then get lighter with every layer. I started with E25.
***
Weiter geht es mit den Haaren. Hier ziehe ich es vor, mit der zweit-dunkelsten Farbe zu beginnen, mit der dunkelsten weiterzumachen und dann mit jeder Schicht heller zu werden. Ich habe mit E25 angefangen.


Then I went on with E29 in the darkest areas
***
Dann habe ich E29 auf die dunkelsten Bereiche aufgetragen
 

I worked from darkes to light areas using E23 last.
***
Ich habe mich von dunkel nach hell vorgearbeitet indem ich als letztes E23 benutzt habe.


Next things I was coloring were the skirt, the appel and the stripes on the socks. I started with my darkest color R59 here.
***
Als nächstes habe ich den Rock, den Apfel und die Streifen auf den Socken coloriert. Begonnen habe ich mit der dunkelsten Farbe R59.


Next color I used was R29
*** 
Weiter geht es mit R29


then I went on with R27
***
dann habe ich weitergemacht mit R27


R24 next
***
anschließend mit R24


and finally I used R21.
***
und zum Schluß habe ich R21 benutzt.


Following this way of coloring I used B05, B02, B01 and B00 to color the shirt and shoes and the eyes in blue.
***
Nach dem gleichen Prinzip habe ich mit B05, B02, B01 und B00 das Shirt, die Schuhe,  und die Augen in Blau coloriert.


To color in the leave I used YG09, YG07 and YG03 and I went with C5 and C1 for the areas of the image I wanted to be white.
***
Um das Blatt am Apfel zu colorieren habe ich YG09, YG07 und YG 03 verwendet und für die Bereiche im Motiv, die ich weiß haben wollte, habe ich C5 und C1 verwendet.


At the end I used E44, E43, E42 and the Colorless Blender to create a shadow around and under the image. I also used some of the Opaque White for the white areas of the eyes and the shoe laces.
***
Zum Schluß habe ich mit E44, E43, E42 und dem Colorless Blender einen Schatten um das Motiv gemalt und außerdem die weißen Stellen im Auge und die Schuhbänder mit Opaque White betont.


And this is what the finished image looks like:
***
Und so sieht dann das fertige Motiv aus:


I hope you give this technique a try and find my tutorial helpfull when trying.
***
Ich hoffe, Ihr probiert es selbst einmal aus und dass mein Tutorial dann für Euch hilfreich ist.

Hugs

9 comments:

Yvonne said...

Hi Kathrin,
Thanks for this beautiful tutorial!!
hugs Yvonne

Astrid said...

wowww Kathrin, this tutorial is awesome, I wanne gif it a try :)
Thanks !!!

hugs Astrid

Brenda said...

very nice! a beautiful colored picture!
Brenda

chrilvian said...

ooooo looks great
im going to try it

Diny Sprakel said...

Hallo Kathrin, hope you feel better. A great tutorial. Hope it will work also with a slightly darker kraft cardstock. Thank you for your clear explanation, greetings Diny

Karen Petitt said...

Hi Kathrin - how fabulous - I've just started to play with my Copics on to Kraft/SU brown. Great tutorial as usual hugs Karen x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Thanks for your great tutorial

jacqui x

Thea said...

Great tutorial! I like the combination of copics and kraft! Thank you so much.

Thea

Marie-Anne said...

Thank you for the tutorial. Your image looks stunning.

Marie-Anne